Globe Business College Munich respects your right to privacy and is fully committed to protecting any and all personal information made available to us when you visit our website. Any personal information you provide to the College will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
Who are we?
Established in 2006, Globe Business College Munich is a private business school in Germany offering accredited undergraduate degrees and foundation courses taught in English.
Our registered office is:
Globe Business College Munich
Art Deco Palais
Globe Business College Munich is the “data controller” for the information that you provide to us when visiting our website. This means that Globe Business College Munich decides how to use that information and are responsible for looking after it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in the following ways when you use our website:
(i) information given to us voluntarily by you; and
(ii) information collected automatically.
Information you provide voluntarily
The majority of voluntary personal information we hold about you will be obtained through forms on our website when you request consent to email or telephone communications, submit an application to join one of our programmes, register for a workshop or event, or subscribe to our online newsletter.
In such instances, personal information we may collect and process can include:
- Name, nationality, gender preference and date of birth
- Contact details including postal address, email address and telephone number
- Information relating to work experience and/or internships, including name of employer, job description, dates and hours worked
- Prior education, including schools attended, grades achieved and year of graduation
- Your communication preferences and records of communications sent between the College and yourself
- Any documents required to support your application to Globe Business College Munich, for example passport or ID, passport photographs, Curriculum Vitae, degrees and transcripts, English language certificate and letters of reference.
Information we collect automatically
You can visit and browse our website without the need to provide any personal information. We may, however, automatically gather technical data from your device’s browser and store it in so-called “server log files”. We process this data in order to enable your device to access our website, to deliver webpages optimised for your device and browser, and to ensure the security of our systems. Information gathered may include your IP address, operating system and browser used, and the date, times and frequency with which you access our website. These data are not combined with data from other sources and will never be used for the purpose of marketing.
In addition, our website makes use of Google Analytics, a third-party service provided by Google, Inc (‘Google’) which helps us monitor and understand how visitors interact with our website. Google Analytics collects no personal information from your computer, but instead uses “cookies” to gather anonymous statistical data created by your browsing.
For further information on third-party data collection, please see our “Cookies” section below.
How will the information be used?
Globe Business College Munich collects and uses your personal information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To provide you with information about our programmes, respond to your communications and enable us to process programme applications or workshop registrations.
- To provide you with marketing communications about our services that we feel may be of interest or use to you, and where we have your prior consent to do so. You may opt out of these communications at any point by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of each email we send you.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in a format optimised for your specific device, and to understand and improve how users use and interact with our services.
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems, and to identify and prevent fraud.
Any personal information which you volunteer to the College will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws to protect all personal data in our possession from loss and misuse. Our website uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to ensure that any data you submit to us cannot be read by third parties.
What is the legal basis for processing the data?
The College applies the legal bases set out in Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation whenever processing your personal information. We will only collect or use your data where we have either your clear consent to do so (GDPR art.6.1.a), where it is required to perform or initiate a contract with you (GDPR art.6.1.b), or where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and not in conflict with your existing rights (GDPR art.6.1.f).
When do we share personal data?
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to manage our email marketing subscriber lists, deliver our newsletter, and record statistical data concerning email openings and links clicked user responses. If you have opted into receiving marketing information from Globe Business College Munich then personal information such as your name, email address and telephone number may be transmitted and stored on a Mailchimp server in the US. MailChimp is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and neither Mailchimp nor the College rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can opt out of email marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our newsletters or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website also makes use of Google Analytics technology, a service provided by Google, Inc (‘Google’) which helps us monitor visitors to our website. Google Analytics collects no personal information from your computer, only statistical data created by your browsing, which may then be transmitted to Google and stored on servers in the United States.
How long will the data be stored for?
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, the College will only store your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the relevant request or activity, or until you revoke your consent for its storage. If you have subscribed to our mailing list or indicated an interest in taking one of our programmes, we will retain your data for a period of no more than 24–36 months from the point that you last engage with us.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, you have the following rights in relation to personal information held about you by the College:
- Right of access (GDPR art.15) – the right to request copies of your stored data, its origin, its recipients, and the purpose of its collection.
- Right to rectification (GDPR art.16) – the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to object (GDPR art.21) – the right to object to or ‘block’ our processing of your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest.
- Right to erasure (GDPR art.17) – the right to request that we delete or remove your personal data from our systems.
- Right to restriction of processing (GDPR art.18f) – the right to request we suspend the processing of your data or limit the way in which we use it.
- Right to data portability (GDPR art.20) – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data to another party.
If you would like to contact us for one of the reasons mentioned above, please email email@example.com
How to contact us
You can contact us specifically regarding Data Protection by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Globe Business College Munich
Art Deco Palais
Telephone: 0049 89 59 99 08 45